It isn't easy wandering in the wilderness, although this is not my first experience with it.
Rome has always been my home, but in differing degrees of comfort.
Because my husband has taken a job in a new area, although I am still Roman, I am living with the Greeks.
That means, that I have been exiled into the Eastern Catholic Church.
In the days to come you will find out how I got here, and about the customs and traditions that come from the Church still clearly planted in the Middle Eastern traditions. It has been as though I have entered a time warp, and that I am back in the Early Church.
What does that mean to you? I am not sure. But what I can offer to you is to tell you about the Catholic Church in the East, and how I can see a glimpse of God's plan to re-unite the East and the West, and why that unity is crucial to the survival of Christianity.
I hope that my experience will broaden your horizons, as it has mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment